- Find out your bin day >
- Sign up for garden waste collections >
- Report a missed bin collection >
- Request a bulky waste collection >
Pages in this section
- Bin and waste collections >
Information on recycling, refuse and garden waste bins. Book a bulky collection for larger items or hazardous waste.
- Blue recycle bins >
Information the items you can put in blue recycle bins.
- Garden waste collections >
The garden waste collection service offers residents an easy and convenient way to recycle garden waste.
- Fly tipping >
Fly tipping is the unauthorised dumping of rubble, household refuse and other waste.
- Home composting >
Find out more on buying compost bins and how to compost.
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) and Recycling Points >
Conveniently located points around the city where you can take your rubbish for recycling. Find out where they are and what materials are accepted. You can also dispose of non recyclable waste at a HWRC. Any newcastle residents wishing to take their household waste to a HWRC using a commercial vehicle or a trailer will need to apply for a tipping permit.
- Reusing and recycling A to Z >
An A to Z of items you can reduce, reuse or recycle.
- Recycling and Waste Education at Schools >
Educating the values of waste sustainability.
- Sandhills Composting Centre >
Newcastle City Council facility that shreds and composts collected garden waste to produce a high quality soil conditioner.